Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Favorite Quotes: Roosevelt Stars

"Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground."
-Theodore Roosevelt 

I really relate to Teddy Roosevelt's quote here and wish more people would to. I'm sure you know people who dream of having a mansion. Why not just a nice house? They dream of driving that sports car, when a modest sedan would do fine as well. A lot of men think about marrying that beautiful super-model, and will reject plenty of decent women in the process. Why do we as humans think we are some kind of divine royalty? It's not a bad thing to want nice stuff, but don't expect things beyond reason or you'll have a hard fall to reality.  

13 comments:

  1. A good bloke he was. And you Adam, nice thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice quote!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post Adam ...
    Thanks.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- more people should think like you, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words. Too bad not everyone follows them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree. My man and I have Gina a long way remodeling out home we got for $25,000. Have a nice "black light" room with various art. Making furniture with extra wood. Plan to make a new stair system to the attic and make it a living space up there. Wanted a fireman pole, but the city won't allow it...haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna* (not Gina)
      Our (not out)
      Spell check is a bitch.

      Delete
  7. I totally agree! That is smart thinking. My motto has always been "live humbly, live happily". The less you need, the more satisfied you'll be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's truly a wonderful quote, Adam. I can truly say I never wanted a mansion just because I didn't want to clean it. However I did want a much bigger computer monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so wise to be so young. The worst thing in the world is to buy too much, have too many payments and lots of money troubles....by the way, did you buy that house ya'll were looking at.?

    ReplyDelete