Monday, April 11, 2016

Funny Story: Christmas Confusion

During Christmas one year, I decided to get most of everyone in the family a Christmas present. I was still in my teen years so I could have gotten by without it. I got my grandmother something, I think it was something Elvis related. Anyway she opened it and I wasn't in the same room at the time. She went and thanked my brother Zach who had no role in the present. He had no problem saying "you're welcome". I shortly found out and then Zach felt embarrassed when everyone learnt the truth.

13 comments:

  1. Funny story. I have one too. I was 10, it was Christmastime, and of course I had no money to buy anyone presents. Christmas morning - my mom opened up a present and inside was a pair of emerald earrings (not real of course), and when she said who is this from, I answered - me! My father never let on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! P.S. Your Grandma has superb taste!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a Christmas story:
    My father for years (long additional story-I'll spare you) was in the habit of giving each of us (there's five) a crisp $100 bill in a Christmas card (which is why we called him 'C Note'). One year, my brothers and I got ahold of them before one of our other brothers arrived. We steamed open his card, inserted a ratty $5 bill in it, and then resealed it. Later, as we were opening our cards, that brother made a big deal of it. He shook the card and said with a smirk, "Gee, I wonder what's in this?" His wife played along, "Maybe it's a HOUSE?"
    Well...imagine the look on his face when he opened the envelope.
    Good times.
    We hope he'll eventually come out of the coma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just always remember, it is the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandma must have been so pleased to receive that gift from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brothers have a habit of stealing credit for good things and blaming you for the bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you told your brother, "thank you, thank you very much" (Elvis style).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is the thought that counts ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete