Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Question: Most Important Man in History

This question is very hard for me to answer especially as I know a lot about history. I know many say Johannes Gutenberg because he invented the printing-press which caused books to be more widely available instead to just a few thus educating countless generations. I typically don't care much for inventors historically as I believe many of the vast majority of inventions would have came along eventually if that person had never been born. I don't think one man can be considered the most important in history. 

Who do you think is the most important individual in history? 

7 comments:

  1. Tsk, tsk, Adam. "Man" and "individual" are not synonymous. What about the most famous WOMAN in history? My Mom, obviously, since without her, I wouldn't be here. That's my self-centred answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't really settle on just one person. Many people have contributed to the better of society in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's quite possible to decide on one person only!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a hard question. I think my top two most important people would be Benjamin Franklin for his many inventions and Alexander Fleming for discovering Penicillin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many individuals spring to mind, it's immensely difficult picking one over others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about whoever (man or woman) who invented the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like others have commented ... so hard to put just one name forward.
    Even the top five would prove difficult.
    Makes you think though!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete