Monday, June 27, 2016

Random Photo: Caulking

When we got our house, I noticed that a lot of the baseboards that needed to be caulked. The worst was right behind our bed which I'm sure is where most of our spiders came from. I didn't want to use silicone because it's not water-cleanup (and typically not paintable either), so I chose siliconized latex caulk instead.  There also was a spot that was more like a hole between where the baseboards end and the French door begins. I saw a roach escape into it and it probably uses that entrance like a dog uses a doggy-door. But now it's sealed for good. 

9 comments:

  1. you are becoming quite the handyman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People don't buy houses; houses buy YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! Taking care of your home pays off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has used more caulk around this house! Every crack and crevice drives him crazy and he gets the caulking gun from the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your becoming a handyman around the house. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thinking and good work!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the world of never ending house fixing duties!

    ReplyDelete