Sunday, June 12, 2016

Random Photo: Mowing Lawn for First Time

 While I've taken care of my mother's front-yard and backyard for many years, it was now time to take care of my own. I waited too long as it grew before I seriously thought about it. Took a few days to get a lawn mower as I had to haggle for a decent trade with my mother on her old one. I don't really have a backyard but a front-yard big enough to make up for that.
It's very difficult to take care of this one I admit. The main culprits are three hills and a ditch. So I had to take different days taking this out piece by piece. On the third day, it was over. It didn't look perfect but I'm not complaining. There is no homeowner association to tell me otherwise on the matter anyway.  

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to home ownership! You'll get lots of exercise with mowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh...such is the plight of a homeowner...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! luscious green Adam and look rather big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three hills and a ditch! Oh, you'll grow to hate and curse them, if you don't already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that after many years of home ownership I don't mind having someone else mow my lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like mowing the lawn but I have a riding one to mow our acre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Adam, that looks a large amount of grass that needed mowing!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never mowed in my life. So thankfully my husband does that!

    ReplyDelete