Sunday, June 5, 2016

Random Photos: Old and New Bulbs

 The previous owners of my new house loved to waste energy from what my power company told me their average was. And I wasn't surprised to see the whole house littered with mostly incandescent lights. Above both of the bathroom's mirrors were a set of six lights. All of them were the old bulbs that frankly I think are obsolete.
So I replaced practically every bulb in the house with an LED one except a rare few that were CFL. I think they're brighter than the older bulbs and they last far longer too. And the energy they use is very tiny in comparison to their incandescent counterparts. 

9 comments:

  1. Good for you! I was afraid for a minute there you were going to make Daisy walk around with a candlestick in her hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at Debra's comment:)
    Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping protect the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely recommend LED lights wherever you can. They are really coming down in price lately. You can find them on Amazon also. I like the Daylights better although they're a little more expensive. I guess I just like rooms lighted well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. We got rid of all our incandescent lights quite awhile back and it's made a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We switched ours out a long time ago too. I can't believe some people haven't switched yet!

    ReplyDelete