Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Funny Story: Green Company

My first job was at a supermarket and after a few years I got a place at another one which meant I had to quit the other. Once I gave them my notice I got a talk from the store manager Bryan. We sat in his office and he tried to convince me to stay. This was during the start of the Great Recession so he "apparently" couldn't do much to match what I'd be making over there. So he resorted to the line of the lawn on the other side is not always greener and basically said that management over there could be even worse than where we were at. I told him I'd take the chance. 

8 comments:

  1. very interesting post !! have a nice day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Management can always be worse....conversely they can always be better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answer. Was it worth the chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Him wanting to keep you in his store was a compliment to you...it meant you are a good worker...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you never regretted your decision.

    ReplyDelete