Monday, July 4, 2016

My Favorite Photos: Happy Fourth 2016

Unlike last year, I was off this July 4th. When I lived in the actual city of Spartanburg, they didn't allow fireworks though a lot don't care and ignore it. Now I'm outside city limits, I live in an area with a lot of what ifs when it comes to the fireworks being safe. So we went to the city's annual event in Barnet Park with our lawn chairs. Daisy's mom had fixed some kind of special food and wanted her to come over her house to have some. The timing was terrible so we had to miss it even though it made her mom a little more than just mad. They live in a subdivision so I'm always a little worried about having fireworks there. And I'm not spending my Independence Day where people only just eat with no fireworks or even a pool. 

11 comments:

  1. Belated Happy 4th! And that's too bad that Daisy's mom didn't/couldn't have fireworks...maybe next year....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) 4th. I hope you and Daisy had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we live just outside the city limits so there's lots of fireworks ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing you and Daisy together. You cannot please everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad your mother-in-law was angry, but I'm sure she'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt see a single firework but we could hear them everywhere!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you didn't enter the HOT DOG eating championships.
    70 gobbled or is that stuffed down your throat in 10 minutes!
    How utterly bizarre and disgusting.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't light them either, but we love to see them downtown. Free fireworks are the best :)

    ReplyDelete