Saturday, July 2, 2016

Random Photos: The Air Fans

 As a new home-owner, my bills are better than most. I'm on well water, so when water comes out of the faucet, it's less than a penny. Like virtually everyone, I do have to worry about how much the power one is going to be. I try to leave AC off, and rely on fans most of the time. We use this box fan in the living room.
But it did very little while sleeping as our bed is raised so far up. So I got nice standing fan by Lasko which sends air above us instead of mostly on the ground level. Summer nights aren't bad with this and the ceiling fan on. 

9 comments:

  1. Hardly every gets really hot here where I live in western Md. We haven't used our AC in the 3 years that we've lived here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly cheaper than AC.
    But some warnings with fans.
    1. Keep spotlessly clean at all times, blowing dust and muck onto
    you in bed is not advisable.
    2. Ensure that the fan is not directed at your back. Check with a
    medico if you don't believe me.
    B J Hunnicut (Medical Doctor at the 4077 M.A.S.H unit) aka Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting down on expenses is a smart thing. You can use your money in better ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my house on the floor I live is always pretty cold, so I even dont need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love just having a fan, but the older I get, the less tolerant I am of heat and especially humidity. Here in NJ we get both together, and it can be miserable. Unfortunately I rely on A/C more than I would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so smart! It is incredibly hot where we live so I am overdosing on AC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay as cool as you can ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the heat, but my husband has to have the air on all the time. I'd be happy not having it on at all.

    ReplyDelete