Sunday, July 31, 2016

Story: Dental Work

 Unwisely I decided to not to go to the dentist last year. I kept forgetting about it and having something else come up. I don't really like the dentist but I knew I needed to go this year. I go to a new place and it's rather small. I got my teeth cleaned, and they informed me on a few cavities that needed to be filled.
The right side was worse than the left, so the left was only one day and the right had to be done in 2 days. I always dread these visits. I can't look at the needle before the lidocaine goes in. And I hate sitting there while they drill and whatever. I had some old silver fillings that needed to be taken out. That was the only good thing about it was getting them replaced. It's not as obvious that you had fillings when you have composite fillings. 

10 comments:

  1. I'm not really a fan of going to the dentist either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dentists get a bad wrap but I've had every procedure available and haven't experienced much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the worst patient at the dentist. Horrible experiences as a child have carried over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One year my dentist for some reason stopped sending me reminder notices and so I forgot for a whole year, then it came to me...and I went for a checkup. Maybe he thought I had changed dentists, even worse that he is my cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My experiences at the dentist have been very positive for quite a number of years, so I don't mind going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dentist is the worst! I've been a lot in the past few years. I have an awesome dentist though now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though I don't like to go the the dentist I have a great dentist and really don't mind going.
    Have you tried using a water pic? They are great and make the trip to the dentist for a teeth cleaning a breeze. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOO...I go into back spasms the minute I walk into a dentist office (actually get a few back twitches just talking to them on the phone) ...being the olden age that I am, dentist HURT us when I was a child and I'll never get over it....it will be MUCH easier for you tho, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HATE the dentist and only go when I absolutely must. Thankfully, I take very good care of my teeth. So much so, they are always surprised that I don't ever have any plaque buildup, especially since I don't go in for regular cleanings and scrapings.

    ReplyDelete