Monday, August 29, 2016

Question: Do You Try To Always Recycle?

Garbage is just a fact of life for humans. I have a trash can so I know I can't recycle every single thing we ever get. I really wish we could all throw it into one machine that filters it all out with nothing going to waste but that would be living in a perfect world. But since I don't have city pick-up I take my stuff to the recycle/trash center (luckily it's all one place) and I usually have more recyclables than trash. I'll even go out of my way to make sure almost every piece of cardboard gets sent to the recyclables not the trash. Some may think it's silly but it saves you a ton of room and a lot less trash bags just throwing it away. 

Do you put a lot of effort into recycling? 

8 comments:

  1. I always recycle! But here in Portugal we have door to door recyclables pick up. Each building has 4 different big garbage things: one for food waste, one for paper, one for plastics+cans and one for glass. And evry day of the week they pick up one of those. And in the "house" areas (not apartment buildings) usually there are a lot of this huge bins as well. It's not hard at all to recycle here! It's completely part of the normal process of taking the garbage out :)

    The-not-so-girlygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do make an effort to recycle as much as we can. Our recycling bins and our garbage is picked up once a week. We are allowed one garbage bag, and ours is pretty small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Adam! Yes, I recycle too. We have a great city-run program here in Edmonton, world class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I recycle, but like many people I'm sure I could do a better job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you Adam. We have strict recycling rules in our city. Garbage is picked up every 2 weeks and has to be in clear bags. Recycle material once a week, such as newspapers and compost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The county where I live doesn't collect the recycling. You have to bring it to the recycling facility so no I don't recycle. I think our county doesn't have enough people in it to make collection worthwhile. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always do my best, and it helps having separate bins!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always. Anything that can go in the bin, goes in. Thankfully, we do have curbside pickup where I live, so it's not a hassle and most of the community recycles.

    ReplyDelete