Saturday, August 6, 2016

Random Photo: Tiny Off-Grid Solar Panel

I've always been intrigued by solar energy but the only thing I had were just two solar powered lanterns which is just simple LED light. I got this little charger which is one of the most simple ways to get solar energy for other stuff in the home. Unlike other solar setups it's all one piece except there is no main battery. There are two USB ports which I connect two small power banks to. Once they're full I use them to recharge our phones. They don't recharge fast enough to have all of our phone use be 100% solar but it does help the planet and our power bill. 

9 comments:

  1. These should get better over time, very neat! I haven't seen these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are part of the problem;others like you are part of the solution

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very interesting I did a project in Highschool about solar energy
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool:) Small things like this help save the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little things can help indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is fantastic! I want one now as well!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every little bit helps...I think you are very smart to do this, Adam...

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a chance you qualify for a new solar rebate program.
    Click here to find out if you qualify now!

    ReplyDelete