Sunday, August 7, 2016

Story: Original Super Smash Bros.

Through my childhood friend Ben, I learned of Super Smash Bros. which came out on the Nintendo 64 back in January of 1999. It was one of the rare times where I only knew about games when they first came out instead of months/years before. Compared to the newest one for WiiU/3DS, it was basic and perhaps even "boring" but I remember just endless hours playing at his house. Then I got a N64 of my own and had many more of those endless hours against my brother. This helped spark my real passion for video games as for a good period during the 1990's nobody in my household got any new games. I also remembering the insane level of hype I had for its sequel Super Smash Bros. Melee which came out in late 2001. One of the few things where the hype actually met the actual thing. 

2 comments:

  1. i played a few video games with grands but not too much..the grands were too good at them and beat the pants off me...LOL

    ReplyDelete