Monday, September 12, 2016

I Got Cellulitis The Other Week

 I live in a far more rural space now than I did before. As such there's many more bugs, spiders, and other animals around than there was at my old house. I had something on my leg that I thought was a bug bite or rash, but it would not heal. Someone at worked urged me to see a doctor (I was in denial) as they didn't like how it looked. I took a long-lunch and went to the Minute-Clinic at CVS as my doctor office was too far away. The doctor said I had cellulitis which is an infection of the skin. Mine got really red but in stayed in a rather modest spot on my right leg. She said if it got worse I'd have to go to the ER.
She prescribed some antibiotics and they took care of most of it it within three days. But the medicine they gave me stinks to high heaven. Never seen (or should I say smelled?) that before. When you open the bottle it smells like rotten eggs. I looked it up and it's normal for what they gave me. But when I took it I had to hold my nose to dull the unpleasant smell. So what was the cause? The best guess anyone had was a spider bite. Which is comforting... 

14 comments:

  1. I've never had that, but I have a friend who was bitten by a brown recluse and it did quite the damage to your skin. I hope that wasn't what happened to you. I've also seen mosquito bites cause bad rashes on kids, so I guess anything could cause it. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sulfa antibiotics. They make me break out in hives. I had MRSA on my leg a few years back. Not a pleasant experience at all. Glad to hear your cellulitis is being taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to forward your post to my sister in law because that sure sounds like what she has. She was just showing me her foot yesterday and it sounds like your bite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a terrible problem with insects and spiders, in that they find me very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work buddy deserves a pat on the back for urging you to see a doctor! It's never a good idea to let things like that slide. Glad the stinky antibiotics did the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you had it looked after quickly. I've never heard of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the antibiotics work for you Adam. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your getting that taken care of. Hope it heals quickly and completely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This can be quite serious...glad u r watching it. My hubs had it a few yrs ago and spent two days in the hospital...(course, we r old)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are feeling better, even if your nose had to take a beating as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no. That sounds terrible. I don't love things that bite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband gets cellulitis. He has had it three times already all in the same spot. To prevent it coming back he has been putting neosporin on his leg even when no sore or broken skin. It is nasty and it spreads fast so if it comes back call the doctor or go back in as soon as you can.

    ReplyDelete