Saturday, September 3, 2016

Question: What Temperature is Your Home in the Summer?

Currently mine was at 79F (26.11C) which is hotter than most houses. The AC is a big part of the power bill for most homes, but the less it has to work the less power it will take from the grid. And I also assume it will make it last longer as that's less wear-and-tear. Honestly it was difficult to get used to it at first, but about two weeks later my body got used to it. Now the summer heat doesn't feel unbearable because I'm used to living in a hotter house, and my power bill is typically much lower than anybody else's as every degree is about 5% more in power. 

What temperature do you keep your house? 

6 comments:

  1. I live in 7 floor house))
    Good temperature)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have air conditioning so in the summer my place is around 25 C most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could not survive out here when we have 108 degrees outside without air conditioning....and ceiling fans are God's Gift to Hot Climates...I would love a pretty chandelier in my living room, dining room and bedrooms but would NEVER give up our ceiling fans for one.....we keep our rooms about 76.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have AC so it varies. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have AC but only use it when absolutely necessary. Our home is always kept as comfortable as possible.

    ReplyDelete