Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Favorite Quotes: Deer Sport

Is it really a sport if you have all the equipment and your opponent doesn't know a game is going on?
-Bill Maher

One of my biggest pet peeves in other people is hunters. I can respect some that do it for food, especially in the Native American way where they let virtually nothing go to waste, but I see no pride to be had in trophy hunting. Posing with your game with a big smile is very disturbing to me. And the fact that the deer and other animals are severely outclassed is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind trophy hunters if they dropped the rifle or bow and exchanged them for a pair of boxing gloves but only with stags not does. Sounds like a fair battle to me. 

10 comments:

  1. I can understand people hunting for food. That's what the earliest people did. But to stand with the dead body of an animal and have a picture taken while you're smiling over your kill, just seems rude and barbaric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are too cute...
    Ah, I think it's awful no matter what an animal it is...


    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some men do not hunt out of necessity; they typically do not hunt to protect people or animals, nor to keep themselves or their families from going hungry. Rather, they pursue hunting for its own sake, as a sport.

    www.itsjulieann.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear hear....I say just give them boxing gloves. I do agree that it's a necessity for those who hunt to feed themselves, but when it comes to hunting for sport/leisure, I think it's the most inhumane hobby TBH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make use of the prey for food, clothing, etc. Otherwise leave it alone. I think many humans have a strong streak of cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good quote! I have a friend who hunts and when I found out I couldn't help but cringe about it. -___-

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trophy hunting is disgusting. And so are the people who do it. And nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree. I don't understand those smiling faces after they've killed a beautiful giraffe or elephant, or any other animal for that matter. It's just disgusting to me :(

    ReplyDelete