Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Funny Story: First Go-Kart Race

At a little fun-park called International Pavilion I spent many years of my childhood looking at the go-karts and being depressed as I was far too young to drive them. I rode in a 2-seater with my dad once but I didn't really get to drive until I was in middle school during a friend's birthday party. I was so excited but I didn't know what I was doing. I couldn't get the thing to start for awhile. Then when it got started one of the kids at the party bumped into my go-kart, it wasn't serious but it was enough for the people running it to get him to stop driving for the rest of the race. Then when I got to the finish line, the brakes didn't really work for me (most likely and probably my fault) and it was a very rough stop. I never got hurt but it made me realize why I was never allowed to drive the go-kart before I turned whatever age/height it was. 

10 comments:

  1. I loved go karts when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a tricky thing to figure out when you first start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never driven a go cart before.
    But now I get to drive a vette. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made push-cats when I was a kid but nothing motorized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like it's time to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the same brake thing happen, ran into the house lol so wasn't my fault.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!
    Yeahhh imagine that momentum hitting you as a 60lb child.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They can be tricky. I went go-kart racing with my friends, a couple of cousins and some friends once. It was a lot of fun and I came in second!

    ReplyDelete