Saturday, October 1, 2016

Things I Like: Cageless Paint Roller Frames

Now that I have a new house, painting has become a thing that happens far more often than it used to. While some older folks will stick to brushes for even a whole exterior of a house, I prefer rolling a majority of my painting. I only use brushes for just areas a roller won't reach. My one complaint about rollers is some of the get caught up at moments and don't really "roll" but slide. Cageless roller frames help eliminate the problem as they roll far easier than a simple basic one. My best one is one by Purdy and I have another by Shur-line. But they're both about as good and they'll last a long time as long as you clean them, Next time you need another roller fame find one that is cageless, it makes a big difference to me. 

11 comments:

  1. i don't understand what you are referring to as cageless...this looks like ones i've always used...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got big plans to paint the hallway and two bathrooms soon. I'm not sure what cageless means either, but will compare them all when go to buy a roller, and remember what you said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint rollers can do a super job and are so quick too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use paint rollers too. So much faster the brushes.
    I too am clueless as to what a cageless roller is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a cageless roller one without a sort of a curved half tray under the roller?
    I think rollers do a more even coating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought if the roller slid there was too much paint on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will try to remember that. And Purdy is a good brand isn't it? I prefer the rollers too. When did you get your house? Next time you take questions, mine is: tell us about your house. You may have already done this on a blog I missed.
    You and Daisy enjoy your weekend off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a love/hate relationship with rollers.

    Love: They cover a lot of area real quick
    Hate: Make a mess if you aren't careful and can't hit tight spots

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate painting. It doesn't matter what kind of roller I use, it's a chore I despise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the suggestion! I do most of the painting around here in the house and I even paint furniture, so I'm always looking for things that make the job easier. By the way, some of us 'older folks' love rollers! I only use a brush in areas that the roller won't reach like corners and edges or odd spots.

    ReplyDelete