Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Question: Do You Remember the Ice Cream Truck?

Now they obviously still exist, but they were a staple of my childhood. Since I lived half of my childhood without the internet, boredom would strike often. So being outside was common and I remember hearing the music. But it was hard to tell where "The Ice Cream Man" was as he could be across the block or down in an apartment complex nearby. The best part was that you can't find most of things on the truck at the grocery's freezer section. I always liked the ice cream with characters that had gumballs for eyes. They also had one with Looney Toons characters where you could collect the plastic pieces as they'd all feature different characters. Bugs Bunny was the Holy Grail of them from what I remember, but nobody from my brothers to our friends got it from what I remember. I do remember using a whole allowance once and coming home with a big paper bag full of ice cream.

Did you ever visit the Ice Cream Man?  

8 comments:

  1. I used to love an ice cream truck but the ones I see now are nasty with creepy drivers. haha. I seen where they now sale hot chocolate and coffee. Those I may chase down. haha.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I loved the ice cream truck! I remember playing outside with my friends, when we heard music playing in the distance. We would all run home as fast as we could to ask our mothers for money, so we could buy ice cream. But now that I think of it, I haven't seen any ice cream trucks in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I remember the ice cream truck. very well. The Pied Piper, Good Humor, and Mr Softee. Back when I was a kid you could get an ice cream on a stick for 15 Cents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do remember this excitement, those were good days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Softee was very popular ... it may still be.
    I do sometimes still hear the ice cream mans truck/van around the neighbourhood.
    Special memories indeed

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can close my eyes and feel the summer heat and hear the music of the ice cream truck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to tick my mom off because I would always wave at the ice cream truck and he'd sit and wait until she came out and bought something lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. An ice cream truck has come through out neighbourhood a couple of times since we moved here in 2009. Apparently, our city has had an ice cream truck for a few years.

    ReplyDelete