Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Question: Under the Mistletoe?

One Christmas tradition I've heard about since I was a kid, but never seen actually happen (except when couples do it to be cheesy) is someone kissing someone under the mistletoe. While the tradition varies, the tradition originated where if a woman stands under the mistletoe then she must accept the kiss of any man or face bad luck. Stories and traditions all sound good reading them, but reality? Well I never had the courage to approach women like that, and I never felt right being one of those creepy guys anyway. I guess it's a good thing for all committed couples that mistletoe isn't really hanging all over the place like it is in Christmas fiction. People make stupid choices for the excuse of "traditions". 

Ever seen it happen? 

6 comments:

  1. I've seen it a few times, it's such a sweet tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen it but the thought makes me uncomfortable, guess I am not that affectionate, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but not everyone embraces this tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never actually seen this happen. And I've never done it.

    ReplyDelete