Monday, November 21, 2016

Random Photo: Dogs and Cat

 With the death of my dog Zelda, I've been thinking about getting another pet. We went to the local animal shelter and took a look but we weren't serious. I think these two dogs are twins, don't you? If they aren't siblings that would be a crazy coincidence. I didn't really see any dogs that I really wanted but a few I wish I had room for. I did see a dog in there missing an eye. I usually end up feeling more sad leaving the place because of things like that.
I was curious to see if they had puppies and kittens but most of the animals were all adults. A cat would be more realistic for our current home, but I didn't see any that caught my eye. I don't really want a black cat or a tabby cat cause I'd assume that'd be pretty hard to figure out which one is yours if they ever ran away and somehow lost their collar. 

9 comments:

  1. It's hard going to an animal shelter and seeing all those animals in need of good homes, and the temptation is to take them all home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These animal shelters do a fantastic job don't they.
    I always admire the folks who work, or volunteer, in one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I haven't been able to go to the shelter and look for a cat since mine died a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be sad going to a shelter. Seems like way too many people get pets that shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's kind of like adoption of children, the older ones get left behind, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you find one soon.
    I find going to a shelter rather sad. The eyes of the dogs just get to me more so than the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always leaves me upset visiting these shelters. So many beautiful animals waiting for homes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It breaks my heart to just go into Petsmart. It saddens me that pets grow up and become unwanted.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried adopting through our shelter twice. Both times the pets I wanted they gave to someone else. Now, I get on Petfinder to see what's available from the local rescue organizations and skip the shelter.

    ReplyDelete