Thursday, November 17, 2016

Sad Story: Social Eating

Like almost all of us, I've been in many work/social events where I've had the chance to have a lunch on the house but I rarely ever take them on the offer. Buffet restaurants are different because they want you to come back, but I really don't like social events with food because there are many things I don't eat, I don't like eating something I don't know what it is, and some people can't cook to save their life. And most good things get devoured by the crowd long before I pick up the plate. Now I almost always eat ahead of time. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I had a morning meeting at work, and the person who ordered breakfast ordered biscuits. And none of them were vegetarian. They also acted like it was no big deal to just take a sausage patty out of the biscuit and make that "vegetarian". My wife Daisy is one of those people where she'll take any chance to have food given to her, but when people talk about potlucks, picnics, and whatnot I stand not very excited. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm the opposite of you. I enjoy potlucks and I often exchange recipes with others. I like trying new things and I find most things are very good. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like hosting potluck party, but often time I don't eat much after all those preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these types of gatherings but enjoy them better when there is a good variety of food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stay away from all-you-can-eat situations because in the past I've eaten waaaaay too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate potlucks because I have a cleanliness issue. I picture dirty kitchen and unwashed hands while people prepare the dishes. Unless it's at a family function where I've seen the home and know who is preparing the meal and if they practice safe food handling, I don't eat at those kinds of events.

    ReplyDelete