Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Things I Like: Floetrol

Floetrol is an additive you put in latex paints that changes the chemistry enough where your paint doesn't have any brush or roller-marks. It's like a white liquid (that shouldn't change your color) that you have to mix with the paint until the color disappears so everything is even. While some painters can paint perfect, when you don't have years of hands-on experience this does help make up for the gap. You only need a little bit (5-8 ounces) per gallon so you can make it go fairly far. I've always been really happy with it. 

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of this product but never used it. I'm not even sure we have it here, although we do have similar types. Something like this is on my list for the next time I visit the hardware store because I enjoy painting furniture and this would be great for the elimination of brush or roller marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used this product. Never even heard of it but I'll remember the next time I paint.

    ReplyDelete