Thursday, December 8, 2016

Fact of the Day: Spiders in Your Sleep

There's a "fact" that goes around that claims that every person swallows a few spiders in their sleep every year. This "fact" is purely fictitious, and was actually made on purpose by someone who wanted to prove how easy it was to create an urban legend. It's also highly unlikely that its ever happen to you once as spiders usually avoid humans as things like snoring and heart-beats would most likely scare any spider and cause them to go elsewhere. 

10 comments:

  1. Good to know it is just the cats eating spiders and not me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly sleep under my blanket, so I'm sure it's not true hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urban legends are what probably spawned the recent wave of "fake news."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrrr, I hate Spiders ! Fortunately, it is an urban legend ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good to know. Funny, I woke up last night and thought about spiders. I suppose everybody sees one in their house occasionally, but I was wondering if a big spider ever crawled across the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for clearing that up. However, I never believed it. I make sure there are zero spiders around my bed!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess that means they wouldn't crawl into your ear either. That's a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I read that somewhere a long time ago and it freaked me out. So easy to have false news. I hate spiders!

    ReplyDelete