Monday, January 2, 2017

Question: Did You Lose Respect For Mariah Carey on New Years Eve?

On the New Years celebration in New York, Mariah Carey was performing on television. She's been a singer for a long time, and she still is a gorgeous woman. But when audio problems came about, everyone figured out she was lip syncing to the song, not actually singing. It got almost as awkward as when Ashlee Simpson went through the same thing on Saturday Night Live many moons ago. Now I can imagine constant performances can take a toll on a voice, but lip syncing is nothing more than deceit. Granted this wasn't a true concert but that is a line singers should not cross at any time. 

Do you think less of her now? 

13 comments:

  1. I just assume EVERYONE is lip syncing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think any less of her than anyone who can't sing their own songs without the crutch of lip-syncing.
    I hear Milli Vanilli is planning on pursuing legal action against someone, anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought less of her waaay before this. She's done a few interviews and she's just a spoiled, stuck up woman now not to mention that she seems to a have screw loose or maybe it's drugs or alcohol. But lip syncing is a no no. If she no longer has the singing voice she used to then she should just stop signing at venues like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when people pretend to be doing the job they're supposed to be doing. When you're a nurse, you don't pretend to be helping the sick. When you're a weight-lifter, you don't pretend to lift all that weight. When you're a singer.... Well, let's say some of them like to fool the masses. Strangely enough, whenever you're brave enough to make this point on YouTube, millions of fans will call you a f******* something. Strange huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could anyone concentrate on singing anyhow with that little negligee thingy she was wearing. I would have been worried sick. But then, I'm not an entertainer. She looks much better in the outfit above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't care for lip sync at all, if I suspect that then I won't watch...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually surprised when they're NOT lip syncing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched part of an interview she did on Ellen and lost respect for her then. I'm not a fan. I also believe that singers should sing, but I guess I'm old fashioned that way. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved her first album, then she turned diva. That's when I lost respect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like her Christmas song but not much else. I'm sorry it happened to her, though. I just thought they all lip synced at something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never cared for her in the first place.

    ReplyDelete