Friday, January 6, 2017

Random Photo: Two Black Cats On Christmas

 On Christmas Eve at my brother Steven's house, I saw this black cat outside. Not quite a kitten but he wasn't quite large either. He kept his distance but was friendly enough to get near me. He must of been a neighbor's cat as he wasn't afraid when I tried pet him. He even tried to climb in my lap.
He also had a twin nearby and they hung out around the house most of the day.  I'm guessing they live at the house where this vehicle is. I saw one go under a garage door that was barely open. I do wish people wouldn't do this to their cats. While cats do prefer to be outside a lot of times, it's not a very safe world out there. 

9 comments:

  1. I see a lot of strays here but cant get near them. Have fun in the snow this weekend!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We began making our cats be indoor cats when a troop of hawks set up shop in the woods across the road. When the rookery was full of little ones, the parents were busy looking for prey, and could carry off a small squirrel. Kittens aren't even that big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope that people keep their cat at home too since i am afraid of cats! : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love black cats. We have a beautiful one that is full of character. Our two cats stay indoors. It's too dangerous out there for them. For awhile we had coyotes and fishers snatching up cats on our side of town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've known of cats killed by traffic when you live on a busy road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black cats, love them especially when they are so very shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's best to keep cats inside, for their own good and for the good of song birds.

    ReplyDelete