Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Sad Story: Nature Lover

Living in South Carolina, I've encountered some strange folks. When I worked as a produce clerk, some guy came in and talked about his home in the "country". He said he was a nature lover but then told me about the beavers that would destroy his trees. Then he said he took a rifle and all the creatures were hit in the face and he was so happy while he said it. I can't really blame the dam-builders, that's what they do. I don't think ol' nature lover even tried to repel the beavers before resorting to extermination. I wanted to tell him that he wasn't a nature lover, he just liked living in the woods. Nature lovers tend to leave the animals of nature in peace.  

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't know whether someone is a "country" type if they can't handle the wild critters crittering.

    That's a sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor animals! they dont even know what they can't do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired beavers for their industriousness. I live in a town called Beaverton but I've only spotted a few nutria, which look like beavers with a rat tell instead of a paddle tail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice blog, congratulations for your work!!!kiss
    👌👌👌💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people see wild animals as pests if they disturb them in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's no nature lover, nature killer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...sad. We had a beaver dam on the farm and they fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a jerk. We get critters here all the time too but we try to find ways to prevent them from causing property damage without killing them!

    ReplyDelete