Friday, January 13, 2017

Sad Story: Small Voice

Back in October of last year, the switch between hot to cold weather did not respond well with my body. I got very sick, but not bad enough to go to the doctor or hospital. As I recovered I started to lose my voice and one day I had complete laryngitis, It was the first time I've had it and I could make out a faint whisper. I had to work that day and my job involves talking a lot to people. It technically isn't required but I tried to tell people what was going on to point out that everything should made to be simple and to the point. Now they just kept blabbing about stupid stuff forcing me to squeak out what I could with all the strength I had. People are just dumb. 

13 comments:

  1. I once had that as well and it was terrible!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get laryngitis every once in awhile too -- it is a very ODD experience, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had laryngitis once. My throat didn't hurt or anything, I just couldn't talk. We were living in Scotland at the time and my mom had come to visit. Hadn't see here in over a year and couldn't talk!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they talk to you like you were deaf and/or stupid? Because I've lost my voice and had to work three times, and all three times nearly everyone I dealt with spoke to me very slowly, and in a very loud voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so annoying. I've been without voice for a day or two and some people treated me like stupid too. But only the people stupid at College. My family was very supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really an aggravating condition. Hope it didn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not nice ... I hope it cleared up quite quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had laryngitis a few times, actually, and a big part of my job involves talking to people. I've even had to take time off work to rest my voice and try to get better. It is a very frustrating condition, isn't it? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had this. I can only imagine how frustrating it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get it every once in awhile and I just keep drinking hot drinks and taking meds til it goes away...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand how frustrating and energy-sapping laryngitis is, Adam. I had it quite a few times during my teaching career. I hope your feeling 100%+ now!

    ReplyDelete