Saturday, February 4, 2017

Funny Story: Ebola Scare

Back in 2014, ebola cases came out of Africa and one guy lied to get in the United States as he would have died in his own country. The media used this story to get everyone worked up and interested and Republicans used this fear as a political tactic to win Senate seats that year. The paranoia was ridiculous and I openly made fun of it. One of my female co-workers (who didn't work with me directly) heard one of them and she says "You can't say that, my sister is a nurse," to me. Who is honestly that superstitious to believe that a joke can give a random person a disease?  Because that's how she sounded. My brother Zach has been a nurse for several years, and my opinion on the ebola scare lunacy still stands firm today. 

7 comments:

  1. Ebola is a scary disease but a joke is a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ebola is scary AF! And no one should joke about it :/

    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to admit, Ebola scares me.

    Maybe the joke affects the funny bone.......Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, just like a number, a joke can do a thing, all in one's head. That and the swine flu thing, pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree that Ebola is not a laughing matter.

    ReplyDelete