Friday, March 31, 2017

Favorite Quotes: Obama and Republicans

“If he [Obama] was for it, we had to be against it."

-George Voinovich 

I'm still proud to say I voted for Barack Obama back in 2008 and 2012. Living in one of the most conservative counties in America (ugh), the kinfolk did not take kindly to our nation's first black president. I even saw bumper stickers that said "NOBAMA, and it's not because he's black" on a few cars.

 Former Republican Senator George Voinovich let out this quote about secret meetings between Republicans in congress during the Obama years. They were against anything Obama supported and it was rather obvious. Liberals often joked that Obama should had come out in favor of oxygen. So to the "we're not racist" conservatives, yes it was because he was black. Republicans worked with Clinton, not so much for the next Democrat. For as bad as Donald Trump is, Democrats didn't block the majority of his appointments and even controversial ones like Jeff Sessions and Betsy DeVos were confirmed anyway. 

11 comments:

  1. Clearly, the country wasn't ready for a black president, not even one as smart and ethical as Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how the Democrats and Republicans just can't work together at all. Doesn't even seem to matter who we have as president.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just another reason why future historians will shake their heads in disbelief at the racism directed at President Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure racism in it's ugliest form.
    I like this bit on Michael Flynn...a VERY short serving
    member of the "Turnip Top" administration.
    From the "Tweeting Turnip" - " Trump, a Republican, tweeted on Friday: "Mike Flynn should ask for immunity in that this is a witch hunt (excuse for big election loss), by media & Dems, of historic proportion!".

    They must be rolling around on the floors of the Kremlin laughing their heads off.
    Funny no comments from the dear "old matrons" of the "Vote for Turnip Top" brigade???????
    Seems from an on-looker (Thank God) from across the Pacific, the White House has never been run before by a gallery of complete
    imbeciles.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no doubt in my mind that some individuals did indeed not like President Obama because he was black. I've heard it myself from individuals I know living in the U.S.

    Also, I find it perplexing how some people will resist a good idea, even a great one, simply because it doesn't come from the person (or party) they prefer. That is foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bipartisan extremism is getting completely out of hand and nothing is getting done. The breakups within the parties in the last couple of years are making matters even worst. I fear for the future of our country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, being a "dear old matron", I have learned to keep my mouth SHUT. Especially here on YOUR blog, Adam...now...if anyone wants to spar with me, I DO have a blog and welcome you.
    ********************************************
    I was against EVERYthing Mr. Obama was for....I never gave it a thought that he was black and could care less. Not serving his country in a fair and smart way was MY beef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I suspected........ this was recently said on a topical
      TV show here of top commentators on news - here and abroad.
      What constitutes a Texan????
      Answer: "All hot air, big boots and hats, no horses and no sense".
      I couldn't agree more.
      Well after that skit by someone in Russia on advice for assistance in elections (hilarious...but maybe embarrassing to the men of the Kremlin)........I await the response from Turnip Top.
      Now tell me 'bj" just exactly what has Turnip Top done but to antagonise the whole world so far with his insults.
      I bet you and your "ilk" did cartwheels in the street when JFK was murdered ( note not assassinated) in DFW.
      Colin

      Delete
  8. I proudly voted for Obama both times, and I happen to think that he was a fine president and will be remembered kindly by history.

    ReplyDelete