Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My Grandfather Terry Passed Away Today

Pushing a little close to eighty my maternal grandfather had been sick for quite some time. My mother told me he had less than a week left the other day and she was right. He had four daughters, quite a few grandchildren, and even more great-grandchildren. I'm not as upset as I could have been, we weren't as close as I would have liked. My mother was from his first marriage, and his 2nd wife prevented him from showing up to events that would have my grandmother there. My paternal grandfather Blair was much older than Terry, so he died about a decade before I was born. Nevertheless he was still my grandfather, and now I have none living. 

18 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Adam. Be strong and take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about this. I hope you can find some comfort with your family right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to lose a member of your family.
    Hope you and Daisy are doing ok...my heart isn't in blogging right now and I don't visit much right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss, Adam.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear this news, both for you, your Mom and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolences for the loss of your grandfather. Please convey my regards to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear this, Adam. My sympathy to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry for your loss. It is too bad that you didn't get to spend as much time with him as maybe you would have liked. Take care. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for the loss of your grandfather Adman. A sad time and what a pity his second wife was like that - such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. STAY STRONG. Now he will be your guardian angel.

    That day ( March 22th ), but ten years ago my grandmother passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry Adam. Grandpa's can be very special. Both of my grandpa's died when I was very young. In fact, one of them died the day I was born.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry, Adam. It's hard to lose family even if you don't know them that well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for your loss Adam

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart goes out to you and your family, Adam. I'm sorry that you got caught up in the crossfire of family dynamics.

    ReplyDelete