Monday, April 10, 2017

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Impressions

 I waited a LONG time for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I originally thought it was going to be out of the WiiU, it really became a Nintendo Switch game. Granted there is a WiiU version, but like Twilight Princess, I got the better version on the more powerful system. It's been almost six years since we've had a real 3D Zelda adventure, and I will say that my hype was pretty much met. It does a lot changes you'd never thought you'd see in a Zelda game. It's even got some voice acting (though many lines are text-only) where you can obviously hear a woman (probably Princess Zelda) in a very lovely British accent. 
I heard the world map is huge, and even the initial Great Plateau area (which I'm not even done with) is larger in size than most Zelda games and sometimes put together. Now granted a lot of this is land with nothing going on. You have to stumble upon secrets and enemies before they stumble upon you that is.  
You also have an apparent lack of traditional dungeons. Kind of like Pokemon Sun/Moon for 3DS, you go through "trials" with shrines instead. All the shrines I've through go by very fast. I hear the game has about as many as there are stars in Super Mario 64. 
This Zelda actually feels a lot like the Fable series on the Xbox consoles. Except it's really good, I disliked Fable 2 and hated Fable 3. It's also a lot more realistic as your weapons and shields break and you have to replace them. Armor and shields mean much more here than any other game in the series. And you can't blindly charge into enemies either. You have think of how you're going to win every battle. And dying a lot is going to be very common place.  

2 comments:

  1. Sure is the Zelda game to play, but Switch just gave me that blah feeling and turned me off.

    ReplyDelete