Sunday, April 2, 2017

Photo: Fratello's Spartanburg

 Fratello's is a resturant in our town in Spartanburg, SC. I heard of it but never saw it until we moved on our side of town. It's hard to spot though as the place is small and it's right next to another restaurant of the same size. The parking lot has room but it's quite uncomfortable trying to get in or out of it as they give you barely any room in the exit and enter. The place is more pizzeria but serves about any kind of Italian food. Daisy went for the seafood combo which mixes seafood with pasta. She chose fettuccine for what kind of pasta.
I'm a pizza  connoisseur and I'm always willing to try anybody's pizza. It reminds me of a lot of Spartanburg's La Taverna which my co-worker said was the most like New York's pizza. Besides a rather soggy center, I liked it better than La Taverna's pizza. I'm still not a big fan of NY style pizza since it's thinner and lacks a lot of sauce. 

7 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With pizza it's all about the crust and an open stone oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat hobby to have, and that's a great pic. I don't eat pizza the way I did years ago, but it still fascinates me to watch Guy Fieri visit different pizza places for unusual recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pizza looks good, but I'd definitely pick a Chicago style pizza over a NY style any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete