Sunday, May 7, 2017

Photo: Georgia State House

Before we knew about our hotel's shuttle service we walked as much as we could before resorting to Uber or whatever. Not far away was the state house for Georgia as Atlanta is the capital. The top of it is gold or golden in color, probably the latter. I thought about taking a tour but we ended up not doing it. I'm not too heartbroken, most of the politicians who occupy that building are racist right-wingers. While Atlanta is a diverse "blue" city, Georgia votes deep red. 

10 comments:

  1. Pity - it is quite an imposing building.
    I went on a tour of it and was most impressed.
    Colin
    PS: Thank God sanity prevailed in France overnight.
    Vive La France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dome reminds me of the dome on Notre Dame. I think I heard once that they actually used real gold flakes when they built the dome and I believe in their football helmets as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've skipped that tour too....just saying:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My understanding is that Georgia is turning purple an its way to turning blue. We can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found on some tours, just not worth the money. At least, you both got away and had some special time together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourselves. Too bad you don't have a good Hop On Hop Off bus thing in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see your photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete