Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Story: Way Too Much Makeup

Though I've forgotten her name, we had a girl in my old middle school who wore A LOT of makeup. Middle school is a frustrating time for kids growing up because they're still kids but they desperately want to be older. Many girls use make-up to bridge the gap and make themselves feel better. She actually looked fairly okay but it was obvious how she was over-doing it. One of the guys mocked her in class and said "do you take that off at night with an ice pick?". 

9 comments:

  1. Thankfully my mom didn't let me start wearing make up until I was 13 and even then she only let me wear a little until I was 16. I let my daughter start wearing make up when she was 15 but I showed her the right way of putting it on and didn't let her use too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she learned to use less makeup as she got older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That was mean. Girls usually use that much make up to mask off some insecurities. I like to wear make up but honestly I don't do it that often or that much. :/
    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I trust she lodged that icepick in his head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember a girl in our class wore tons of make up especially heavy black eye liner which never looked good. 42 years later, I see, on Facebook, that she still wears the same amount...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a learning curve with makeup. Perhaps she got better and better with it over time.

    ReplyDelete