Monday, June 12, 2017

Photo: Atlanta Giraffes

I remember being a bit let-down by the giraffes at Zoo Atlanta. I remember Columbia's Riverbanks Zoo's giraffes and they seemed so much taller to me there. I don't think there is a reasonable explanation because I can't really understand why unless none of these are fully-grown which I doubt. 

But just like the zoo in Columbia, SC, Zoo Atlanta has a little area where you can trade the green in your billfold for green lettuce to feed the giraffe. I never had any interest doing it, but it was fun to watch other people give it a try. 

12 comments:

  1. They look like a peaceful lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Giraffes....something peaceful about them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like giraffes, they seem such peaceful gentle animals.
    Too bad they are in a zoo and not free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short giraffes, now that's a stunner;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have the most beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giraffes are definitely my favorite animal! They are so interesting and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy your view on stuff, Adam

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the pics, they do look as if they're not fully grown, eh? And we don't have the feeding thing here in Toronto. I would love to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like Mary, I too have always liked giraffes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete