Thursday, June 29, 2017

Photos: Game-X Arcade Atlanta

 On our last day in Atlanta, I was trying to manage our time before we had to go back to the hotel, get our bags, and then go to the train station. Game-X seemed like a decent idea after a saw a billboard near the College Football Hall of Fame. Arcades have "died" for the most part in America, but you'd figure a big city's would be pretty neat.
Despite the hype online, I was not very impressed. The only thing I saw here that I haven't' seen anywhere else is a Pac-Man themed air hockey that includes countless mini-pucks.  
At the machine to get our cards (tokens are pretty much a thing of the past for most places) it said we'd get bonus "points" for getting so much. We only did twenty but these bonus points could only be used on certain machines. That had really ticked me off, and trust me I'm never coming here again if I ever travel back down to Atlanta. 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been to one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't blame you Adam, like you said Arcades are mostly a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know places like this are still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that you and Daisy would love the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas! Terry and I went there some years ago and had a blast!

    ReplyDelete