Thursday, June 22, 2017

Question: What Would Martin Luther King Jr. Think of America Now?

Martin Luther King Jr. died almost a half-century ago, and while it's not possible to ask him (duh) I'd say might be fairly easy to suspect what he'd think of a more modern America. I think he'd be proud that America has become more diverse and civil rights are strong in the legal system now. However I think he'd be ashamed of how many people are still racist, but yet claim they're not in public but then say something that logically confirms their bigotry. I also wouldn't blame MLK if he rolled over in his grave when America "elected" an Angry Creamsicle to be the new President of the United States either. 

What do you think MLK would of said on the status of a 2017 America? 

11 comments:

  1. Trump?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Why....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would be leading a march right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has come a long way but much more to be done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with what you wrote. As much as the US has progressed in the civil rights area, there are still so much to be done! With your current president, I find more people are more vocal now about their hate for other races...so sad:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think MLK would still claim that America had a long way to go before it fulfills the promise of its creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think he'd like it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately under this Presidency (??? - complete chaos really)
    the US is going back to bigotry, racism and the biblical fools are running the show.

    Here is something to PONDER: A speech........who recalls by whom and when. THINK HARD:
    " For a world of complex and continuing problems, in a world full of frustrations and irritations, America's leadership must be guided by the lights of learning and reason, or else those who confuse rhetoric with reality and the plausible with the possible will gain the popular ascendancy with their seemingly swift and simple solutions to every world problem".

    This accompanied an analysis by one of Australia's foremost political commentators on TRUMP's present situation.

    Year and person will be divulged tomorrow.
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what America would be like if Martin Luther King had lived .

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...much more to be done!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. He'd say that we still have a long way to go! I experienced such a thrill when I got to stand on the spot where King gave his "I Have a Dream" speech. I remember how devastated I was when King was assassinated; but I was not surprised. I remember walking through a fog of dread that spring leading up to his assassination. My university friends and I just knew that he would be murdered.

    ReplyDelete