Saturday, June 10, 2017

Question: Who Were You Named After?

I wasn't really named after anyone important. My parents apparently had no ideas on names which is rather sad. Apparently my name originated from my brother Steven who had a friend named Adam in school or something like that. He suggested it and it stuck. My middle name however is after my paternal grandfather Blair. 

Funny enough my first and middle names might of been Hank Waltrip. Apparently my dad's "heroes" were Hank Williams Sr. (Hank Williams Jr. is a man I despise) and Darrell Waltrip (I also I don't like Nascar), so I suppose fate figured it'd be too ironic. 

Were you named after someone?  

13 comments:

  1. I am a child of the 1950s and was named after Debbie Reynolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad was named after his Moms brother, and I was named after my Dad making me a junior, so my name actually originated from my Grand Uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Adam. We were going to name our daughter Adam until we discovered she was a girl.
    I wasn't named after anyone. My aunts just wanted the shortest name possible since my last name was so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. after someone on a radio show at the time I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, but my brother was almost named Guy after Guy Williams who played Zorro on TV at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was named after my grandma Mary Elizabeth and my great grandma Melisia. Although my middle name is spelled Melissa. My daughter was named after my grandma Mary Elizabeth and since my and ken's mother both had the middle name Ann, our daughter is Elizabeth Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad named me (Melba) after one of his school teachers. That's what my Mother always told me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A name is important, but not as much so as the person you have become.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was named after my grandfather. It was the German tradition to give the eldest son his paternal grandfather's name as a middle name. The second son was given his paternal grandfather's name for his middle name. My grandfathers were important. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...after my Great Aunt Bettie (mine is spelled Betty) and my 2nd name after a friend of my mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was named Myrtle Louise: Myrtle after my father's mother, and Louise after my mother's sister, aunt, and other Louises in the family tree.

    ReplyDelete