Saturday, June 17, 2017

Story: Lost People at Work

During training at one of my old workplaces, I was given a brief intro by the Loss Prevention guy. The whole thing was just an company-mandated thing about intimidating anyone who might be tempted to steal, and since I would never do such a thing morally (and not stupid enough to try either) I found it mundane, But at first the LP guy asked me what I thought his job was. I basically explained what it was, he was there to prevent theft, and also stop any other kind of loss at the store like incorrect practices and making sure things are safe. He told me one guy said "You're here to find lost people" and the guy wasn't kidding. He told me that the guy didn't last very long there since he was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

10 comments:

  1. Hope he went to Home Depot to find the screw that was knocked loose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised that fellow didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have worked with people like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that guy drinks his bathtub gin right from the bathtub and that Walmart is fhe fashion capital of the world

    ReplyDelete