Thursday, July 20, 2017

Photo: Empty Place

A supermarket near my work (and Daisy's parents house) named Bi-Lo closed down recently. I had worked with the company as my first job for a few years, and got Daisy a job at this very location many moons ago. Bi-Lo as a company had never been the greatest, and recent moves has caused closures like these to happen. When Daisy used to work there, there was a manager named Teena (pretty sure that was her name) that did not treat her right and caused Daisy to find another job after giving her almost no hours. While others lost their jobs now, I was one of the few happy over the whole thing. I do not forgive and forget so easily. But at least long-term, the workers will find better things.

7 comments:

  1. I worked in the meat market at a Bi-Lo location in Greenville (it is not at that location anymore) when I was in High school. I hate to see good people lose their jobs and like Daisy I hope they all go on to bigger and better things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always sad when a place has to close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could anyone not treat Daisy right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what they get for mistreating Daisy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so bizarre to see an empty grocery store like that! Do both of you still work in the grocery industry? It's never easy to lose your job. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully everyone has moved on to better things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to forgive and forget injustices done to people we love. I do feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs, all maybe not the manager. I hope they went on to better things, although we live in tough times for regular working people.

    ReplyDelete