Saturday, July 29, 2017

Photo: Fidget Spinner

 I'm sure most of you have noticed the newest fad that hit American culture about a few months ago. I had seen one for the first time as some kid had made the metal detector at the CNN tours in Atlanta go off because of it. My wife Daisy wanted one, so I waited a bit to find the most inexpensive one I could. Luckily they're really simple gadgets so they're not exactly luxurious items.
Granted I was also wanted to see what the big deal was as well. I heard it was made to let autistic people focus, but I think it's more of a distraction than anything. I can see it being mildly helpful as a stress reliever but I still think it's stupid people are taking these everywhere with them and getting them in different types and colors. 

15 comments:

  1. the fidget spinner is also a fad here in the Philippines and they are literally, literally everywhere! i have never gotten my hands on it though but i agree with you. Its purpose is to distract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But seems harmless.
    Thanks for sharing. I was clueless as to what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only seen a few. As a former teacher, I can predict a lot of these will be hitting classrooms this fall! Autistic or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a new type of yo-yo. I've seen kids with these but I wouldn't think they'd hold anyone/s interest for long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are everywhere, I've seen them around but never had my hands on one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen those for sale not long ago but, never have purchased one, for I deal with stress in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kid is 7....I have had enough of these things for the rest of my life. They were banned by the end of the school year at my sons school due to kids playing with them in class. Now they are at gas stations, grocery stores, c-stores...everywhere! I'm glad my kid was over them in 2 weeks lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering what they were and saw them being used on tv. From what I gather, they spin and you watch them.....big deal. One day, in the near future, they will be in Dollar stores everywhere and the store owners won't be able to give them away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw these for the first time in Bergen, Norway, in February. Thinking of getting one as a gift for my high-energy, learning-disabled brother as a novelty. Still debating...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fad that I imagine will imagine go away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are very popular, although I think some schools have banned them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete