Saturday, August 5, 2017

Question: Do You Want to Visit Dubai?

For a lot of my American friends, you might not know what Dubai is but for my pals out in Europe, Dubai is certainly a popular vacation pick for many folks. However while the city does sound really fun and cool, you will never find me there. While the city is well-known for international tourism it is in the country of the United Arab Emirates which takes Islamic law fairly seriously. While I hear they do turn a blind eye here and there for foreigners, I've read too many stories (like women being attacked) and then they jail the victims and let the real criminals escape justice.  There are too many places in the world that I'd rather be especially as I would want to visit a country that respects everyone and is same in the rule of law. 

Would you ever (or have you) visit Dubai? 

9 comments:

  1. I agree, I'd never go there either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't a place I'd like to go either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not on my list of favourite places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you put it like that I don't think I am interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't visited Dubai and doubt I will. I prefer cities that have developed over the centuries as opposed to cities that sprang up overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As my travel days are now restricted to no more than one hour in the sky due to my back problems, Dubai is well out of range.
    But yes, I would like to visit...........you have no worries as long as you obey the laws of the U.A.E government.
    Just remember the saying of wisdom: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do".
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree. The last company I worked for was doing a lot of business in Dubai. I was glad I had no clients to represent there. I've heard it's impressive, but there are plenty of other places in the world more worthy of my time and money as far as I'm concerned. I don't need to go someplace where they MIGHT turn a blind eye to who I am simply because I'm a foreign tourist. Gay people can be jailed in Morocco, but a friend told me to go anyway and just don't let them know you're gay. "Besides," he said, "They don't bother foreigners." No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not at the top of my travel bucket list, but I would like to go there some day. I think as long as one studies up on the laws of the land and follows the rules when you get there, you shouldn't run into trouble. I think I would feel safe from harassment since I'd surely have my husband with me on the trip.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.
    หนังจีน

    ReplyDelete